a masterlist of inspiration

Monday, October 26, 2015

I have had many names and nom de plumes that I have failed to live up to. It's been two years since I've written here, and here's me coming back with a  bang.

I grew up very visual. TV was such a heavy influence during the 90′s, and cartoons and anime were rampant on air. My dad was an artist, and I was heavily exposed with his craft, as well as his materials. I was also introduced to a plethora of colors thanks to my mom’s eye shadow collection, and later on the 64-box of Crayola crayons; hence my fascination of colors. It was how I was molded into this, into being a person in to art. I’m always nifty of using the word ‘artist’ on myself, since I’m quite idealistic about the term. Anyway, here I will enlist some pieces of artwork that have greatly influenced my life, and hopefully you people will draw inspiration from.
x. Books - like i said, I grew up very visual. I love to look at things, be they letters or pictures. Literature has been very much influential to my own perspective of aesthetics. Unfortunately, I no longer have my picture/children’s books. I remember my mom giving them out to charity.
  • Disney’s Storybook Collection
  • My First Children’s Bible by Anne de Graaf, illustrated by Jose Perez Montero
  • A Treasury of Fairy Tales by Annie-Claude Martin
  • The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
  • Les Misérables by Victor Hugo
  • Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
  • Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami
  • Kusamakura by Natsume Soseki
  • Disco Bloodbath by James St. James

x. Poetry
  • I carry your heart with me (I carry it in) by e. e. cummings
  • Bonsai by Edith L. Tiempo
  • Tonight I Can Write the Saddest Lines by Pablo Neruda
  • The Art Room by Shara McCallum 
  • Desiderata by Max Ehrmann
  • Hysteria by T.S. Eliot 
  • Morning at the Window by T.S. Eliot

x. Movies/Films - I find it hard to filter my watch list. I have too many favorite movies, but here are the best ones that really moved/wow-ed me:
animated films:
  • Lilo & Stitch
  • Tarzan
  • Alice in Wonderland (1951)
  • Spirited Away
  • Howl’s Moving Castle
  • The Tale of Princess Kaguya
  • The Secret of Kells
  • Wolf Children
  • Summer Wars
  • Grave of the Fireflies
  • The Adventures of Prince Achmed
  • How to Train Your Dragon 1 & 2
  • Fantastic Planet
  • The Nightmare Before Christmas
  • The Corpse Bride
  • Saint Young Men
Non-animated:
  • The Sound of Music
  • Amélie
  • The Godfather
  • Mary Poppins
  • Edward Scissorhands
  • The Royal Tenenbaums
  • Life is Beautiful
  • Rent
  • Back to the Future
  • The Kingdom of Dreams and Madness
  • With Great Power: The Stan Lee Story
  • The Parent Trap (the Lindsay Lohan one)
  • Cutie & the Boxer
  • Flipped
  • 300
  • Breaking Upwards
  • Like Sunday, Like Rain
  • Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy
  • Lord of the Rings Trilogy
x. TV Shows
- like movies, I watch too many of them, too.
animated (lots of anime here, be warned!):
  • Adventure Time
  • Kimi ni Todoke
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender
  • Digimon Adventure 01
  • The Vision of Escaflowne
  • Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
  • Saint Young Men
  • Ouran High School Host Club
  • Ranma ½
  • Honey & Clover
  • Hey Arnold!
Non-animated:
  • Doctor Who
  • Planet Earth
  • Community
  • Parks & Recreation
  • Daredevil
  • Pinocchio (Korean drama)

x. Music
- here are the most frequent songs I listen to get in the mood of artsy-ing

instrumental/orchestral (apparently all of the composers are Japanese): 
  • The Path of Wind by Joe Hisaishi
  • One Summer’s Day by Joe Hisaishi 
  • The Rain by Joe Hisaishi
  • Memory of Fanelia by Yoko Kanno
  • Sora by Yoko Kanno
  • Butterfly by Yoko Kanno
  • Dance of Curse by Yoko Kanno
  • Cloud Smiles by Nobuo Uematsu
  • Aerith’s Theme by Nobuo Uematsu
  • Zanarkand by Nobuo Uematsu
  • Final Fantasy VII Main Theme by Nobuo Uematsu (Tour de Japon)
  • Dearly Beloved by Yoko Shimomura
  • Kairi by Yoko Shimomura
  • The Price of Freedom by Takeharu Ishimoto
  • It’s So Wonderful by Takeharu Ishimoto
  • Dreams & Pride by Takeharu Ishimoto
  • Pure by S.E.N.S. Project
  • Aozora by S.E.N.S. Project
  • Soufu by S.E.N.S. Project
  • Houkago by S.E.N.S. Project
  • Pure White Story by S.E.N.S. Project
  • Meow by Anamanaguchi
  • In Love, Not Limbo by Of Oceans
  • Daydream by Tycho

vocal: 
  • Sora by Yoko Kanno
  • Beautiful World by Utada Hikaru
  • Heart Station by Utada Hikaru
  • Masquerade by Hitomi Kuroishi
  • Where No One Goes by Jonsi
  • Morning Swim by Spazzkid
  • The Astronaut by Something Corporate
  • She Paints Me Blue by Something Corporate
  • Superrunner Color Story by Sentimental Scenery ft. Lucite Tokki
  • Instead by CRWN x BP Valenzuela
  • Even if You Asked me x BP Valenzuela
  • Tooi Michi no Saki de by Ai Takekawa
  • Beloved by Say Lou Lou
  • Hysterical by Yeah Yeah Yeahs
So there you go, a masterpost of things to inspire the artist in you. Happy artsy-ing!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

wander